Sunday, April 17, 2005

10 Things to Do Before I Die

by Daniel Ehrenhaft

~Just after his best friends make a list of things sixteen-year-old Ted should do to live it up, he learns that he has injested poison and will be dead in twenty-four hours--which might be enough time to do everything on the list. ~

SLJ says, "There are several great scenarios here, but the stitches needed to gather them into one story don't bear up to even casual scrutiny." I tend to agree. For most of the book I was able to suspend disbelief because most of the events in the book are interesting enough to ignore the implausible circumstances that led up to those moments. The conclusion left me feeling a little unsatisfied even though I kinda liked the message the author was trying to convey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home