Friday, April 15, 2005

The Serious Kiss

by Mary Hogan

~Relates the angst-ridden life of fourteen-year-old Libby Madrigal as she tries to deal with her unhappily married alcoholic father and overeating mother, moving to a new town, and finding the perfect boy to "seriously" kiss. ~

A reviewer for SLJ says, "The plot moves along with many surprising turns that keep readers guessing; there is never a dull moment." I have to disagree. This is yet another book I didn't finish but the parts I read were chock-full of dull moments. I couldn't relate to the Libby. At all. This probably had something to do with the book being fairly juvenile despite the main character's age (14 years old). It wasn't written for high-school age kids.

Despite my complaints I may give this one another try because Edith said it gets better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home