Friday, August 11, 2006

A renewed sense of purpose

I have been away for a very long time. Lately I've felt the urge to blog again. Lord only knows why. I am not a writer. In fact, I become overly proud whenever I read something I have previously written and find a complete coherent thought delivered correctly and concisely within the constraints of the English language. (I have not extensively studied other languages but often fantasize that my creative grammatical stylings would make perfect sense if I were...say... from Russia... or the Bushmen of South Africa with their San click language... or ancient Rome.) Fortunately, these glorious and exaggerated moments of accomplishment are far and few between or my already naturally gi-normous head would swell to an even more ridiculous size. We could Google Earth it.

Also, I wasn't really blogging before. I was only using this lovely little space to record my thoughts on books I had read so I wouldn't forget them entirely when Mock Printz committee time came around. So keep that in mind. All previous posts were for ME, not YOU. From here on out I will make an attempt to be interesting to others. (Oh my! That really tickled me. I wish I could make more people take that oath.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home